Date Posted: March 10, 2022
Number of Positions Open: 3 total positions (one at each location)
- Manhattan, KS/
- Topeka, KS/
- Kansas City, Mo.
Job Type: Professional Track/ Full-time position. 45-Hour week
Pay Range: $45,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year/ Salary (Exempt Status)
Application Instructions: Candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio in PDF formats to the [email protected]. Please date the information and mark it “Architectural Designer Position”.
Our clients are growing and so are we! We are looking for detail-oriented Architectural Designers with 1-5 years of experience who share our passion for excellence in architecture and design. The openings for this position are in our Topeka, KS office. This position on occasion will travel to Manhattan and Kansas City to collaborate with our staff in those locations.
Individuals who join our AO Team will have the opportunity to work on projects with a high level of design collaboration with senior team members. We are a full-service design firm, including architecture, interior design, and urban design opportunities. An Architectural Designer will be highly skilled in the use of Revit for design development and construction document production. They will work closely with Architects and Project Managers to ensure projects are not just well designed, but properly detailed. As active members or our team, they will also experience and contribute to most aspects of our services: from business development and conceptual design, thru construction administration and project completion.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Previous Professional experience, including internships, are preferred
- Construction Document and computer-aided drafting (CAD) experience and highly-skilled in Revit & AutoCAD
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and MS Office
- 3-D & BIM modeling, digital modeling, and rendering experience (Revit, Sketchup, Lumion, and Enscape)
- Competent to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, tight deadlines and work on various projects concurrently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented team-player
- Excellent graphic presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, an ability to carry out design concept to realization
- Have obtained an NCARB certificate and tracking to be licensed
Primary Software Experience Required: Revit, Autocad, BIM 360, CAD, Sketchup, Adobe Suite, Bluebeam, Microsoft Suite, Google Docs
NOTE: Architect One is following recommended COVID-19 work-place best practices. When circumstances have required, our team has worked remotely, and returned to in-office work place operations when conditions allowed. All AO staff are outfitted to work as effectively as possible, remotely when needed, and with an emphasis on efficiency and flexibility during these challenging times.
Architect One is an award-winning architecture & design firm with offices in:
- Manhattan, KS,
- Topeka, KS, and
- Kansas City, MO.
Our current clients encompass much of the Midwest and reach as far as both coasts. Our more than 30-years of service to our clients' successful projects includes the following design studios:
- Light Industrial & Modular,
- Education (K-12 & Collegiate),
- Commercial (office, retail, etc),
- Multi-family Housing,
- Historic Preservation & Renovation,
- Urban Design,
- Custom Residential, etc.
Our team at AO is adhering to Covid-19 best practices when circumstances warrant. We prefer to hold in-person interviews when conditions allow.
All candidates are to be prepared for video-conference interviews.
Shortlist interviews will be in-person.